What woods do you carry besides oak?
While we do carry oak furniture, we also have Quartersawn Oak, Cherry, Brown Maple, Alder, Birch, Poplar, and Pine pieces. Also many of our oak pieces may be special ordered in other woods. Many stain options are available in different woods also.
Wood and Stain Options
Wood and Stain options for most of our inventory and special orders:
Furniture Care Tips
Tips from one of our suppliers, The Country Woodshop:
- Maintain a humidity-controlled environment. Your home should be kept at 35-45% humidity range to prevent warping and cracking.
- Keep table out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources such as fireplaces, ducts, and radiators.
- Use coasters and trivets with non-scratching bottoms underneath glasses and serving dishes placed on your table.
- Dust table often and carefully with a soft cloth following the grain pattern.
- Periodically clean your table with a mild, non-alkaline soap and water using a soft sponge or cloth. Dry immediately with a soft cloth and buff lightly following wood grain.
- Avoid the use of nail polish remover, alcohol or other solvents near the table.
- Avoid polish that contains any silicones.